- 1 jar of 750 ml (3 cups) organic sauerkraut
- 1 large onion stuck with 2 whole cloves
- 1 grated apple
- 4 poptatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) white Riesling wine or beer
- 4 to 6 sausages of your choices (Toulouse, veal, wheat or tofu)
- 225 g (1/2 lb) ham or cooked seitan cut into large peices
Melt butter in large saucepan. Add sauerkraut,Riesling or beer, onion, grated apple, ham or seitan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Then add potatoes and sausages, cook for another 30minutes. Add wine or beer as needed. Serve hot.