- 1 cup Karthein’s Sauerkraut
- 4 cups purple cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Ambrosia Organic apples, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil Veganaise (healthy mayo substitution)
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut liquid
- 1 tsp dill weed, dried
- to taste honey
- 2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients toghether.
- Combine until salad is evenly coated.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Julie Daniluk. JULIE DANILUK, RHN, hosts Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that airs on OWN (the Oprah Winfrey Network). Julie has appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, The Right Fit and The Marilyn Denis Show. Julie has been a co-operative owner of one of Canada’s largest health food stores, The Big Carrot. She creates one healthy recipe a week for Chatelain.